Additional international projects
Municipal environmental protection – a visit from a specialist from Bulgaria
In May and June 2011 the director of the Regional Inspector for the Environment and Water of Varna, Bulgaria came to Germany through the EnviMV e.V. program. She spent time looking at municipal environmental protection, concepts of waste management, and how agency work with environmental protection.
- Stadtentsorgung Rostock GmbH, Recycling Center in Dierkow
- Ministry for the Economy, Work, and Tourism of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Department 5 Energy, immissions protection, waste management
- Ministry for Agriculture, Environment, and Consumer Protection, Department 2 Sustainable Development, Forestry and Nature Conservation – Department 221: Natura 2000, Biodiversity
- EVG Entsorgungs- und Verwertungsgesellschaft mbH - ▪ Mechanical-biological waste treatment plant
- Vattenfall Europe New Energy Ecopower GmbH ▪
- Substitute Fuel- Combi Heat/Power Station of Rostock
- KIWA Control GmbH – Analytical laboratory, environmental analysis
- NORDUM Windpark GbR - regenerative energy
- Ostmecklenburgisch-Vorpommersche Verwertungs- und Deponie GmbH – processing and landfill
- Site visit to the Abfallbehandlungs- und -entsorgungsanlage der OVVD GmbH – waste treatment and disposal
- Nehlsen Heizkraftwerke GmbH & Co. KG – combi heat/power station
- Visit to the des Ersatzbrennstoff-Heizkraftwerkes in Stavenhagen
- ReFood GmbH & Co. KG – food waste utilization
- ALBA Baustoffrecycling Nord GmbH - ▪ construction material recycling & soil management
- Stadtentsorgung Rostock GmbH – in Parkentin for composting
- Bureau for Environmental Protection of Rostock
- EURAWASSER Nord GmbH Sewage treatment , sewage sludge unitization, biogas plant, block unit heating power plant
Continuing education session for teachers of biology and environmental issues
"Contaminants in the environment: sources, distribution, effects"
In conjunction with research sponsored by the Ministry for the Economy of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, a biotest (NORDUM-Biotest H) was developed at the NORDUM Institute from 1998 – 2000.
The principle of this biotest and its advantages
An organism that is tested displays adverse effects caused by toxins in the environment. The NORDUM-Biotest H shows the measured in water samples: toxins lower the ability, fermentation of yeast cells nutrients (unknown waste water) increase it. Yeast cells are safe and easy to handle, yet observing the effects on them is representative for the water itself.
- Introducing yeast cell fermentation to test water damage
- Using the experimental yeast testing set in school classes
- Experimenting on the damages to the environment caused by daily substances.
The NORDUM Akademie also takes part in training programmes of the NORDUM Institute. In addition to working with students from the University of Rostock (especially the departments of land improvement and environmental protection) and the College of Stralsund (economics), we also work with foreign students, engineers and academics who are interested in training programmes in the field of environmental management and environmental analysis.
2004 Internship of three Brazilian experts in environmental management and environmental continuing education
2002 Internship of two Brazilian experts in the field of environmental management and environmental continuing education
2001/2002 Observational training of a Brazilian engineer in the field of environmental analysis and environmental management
1999 Observational training of Chinese engineer in the field of environmental management
1998/1999 Observational training for two interns from Cuba (Santa Clara) in the field of waste water purification in a pharmaceutical plant
1996 Year-long observational training of a Spanish student in the field of environmental management
1995 Observational training of a Vietnamese engineer in the field of quality and environmental management
Are you looking for an excellent partner for national or international continuing education programs?
We have many years’ experience in different areas and with various projects in different global regions.